I'm Worried about my clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james clown

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm worried about my clowns, there the only to fish in my 100l tank and up till now they've been eating fine and swimming about as I would expect, I've had them 3months now.(the tank is 4months old now) My water is good and I do a 10l water change once a week.

The problem is this I went to work and all looked normal. Came home and my 2 clowns where both up on the top of the water near the filter inlet to I went to give then a poke to see if they are alive they both swam off, there now both swimming on the side of the glass and the back. Moving about a bit but aways in contact with a side.

The lights where off when I got home so I put them on to see the fish, could I have woke them up? Do they rest when the lights off?
Or could there a problem? Could they be sick?

Help.....

Run all your water tests including salinity and check for temp changes and repost.

Yes, they do rest when the lights are off best not to disturb them (especially if the lights had been out for a while) both my clowns sleep quite motionless. Do check your water tho in case something is a miss...

They are called clowns for a reason. My two sleep the exact same way. One floats toward the top of the tank and one faces straight down toward the bottom and tucks in to the corner of the tank. Every night about 30 minutes after my lights go out, they make their way to their nesting spots

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine have done this every day for the last several months. Just something clowns do

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you guys, there happy as Larry today just worried me last night.

All advice very helpful

James

Back
Top Bottom