Important Internal Parasites Question!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishing

Aquarium Advice Regular
Quick question. I have a 10 gallon tank with live bearers that are not doing good. I think they have internal parasites since their poo is white and stringy and look skinny. If I postpone treatment any longer, I'm afraid I might lose my fish!! I tried garlic but my fish don't really eat enough of it. I found a product called parasite clear tank buddies by jungle which is suppost to clear out internal parasites. Has anyone used this product with good results. I'll appreciate all the input I can get. One other thing. My fish tank has very hard and alkaline water. Should I treat the fish in a quarentine tank with RO water? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!!

I have used the Junkle Tank buddies parasite clear with good results on my Dwarf Gouramis. Although you have to remember to take out your Carbon out of your filter and keep it wet to preserve beneficial bacteria. Keep in mind it has an antibiotic in it and may affect biological filtration, so be prepared to do lots of PWC once treatement is over.

I've also found it to be an excellent product. Don't worry about the hardness of the water. Most live bearers prefer slightly harder more alkaline water.

Back
Top Bottom