In-line heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfish93

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was reading somewhere about In-line heaters that go in the output line of canister filters. Do these really exist? If so I would really like to get one so my tank has one less piece of "hardware" in it.

Sorry I've been asking so many questions lately. I just want to get this right. I don't really trust the internet sites and I don't have a lfs. Just petsmart and petco. This website is a HUGE help. Thank You everyone so far.

thats what this forum is for, asking questions. they do make inline heaters, though i think they actually go on the inlet of the filter. api makes one that im thinking about getting... the rena_smartheater, it attaches to rena canisters, and some hobs, but im pretty sure i can mount it to my fluval with a little diy'ing... there are also other brands, but thats the only one ive looked at

If you have the skills, I've heard of DIY inline heaters with some PVC parts and a water tight fitting from a company called Heyco. You could possibly make a flow switch to turn the heater off if the water isn't flowing.

I have owned a Rena Smartheater for about a month now, and I absolutely love it. I've got an 85g. and have had temperature problems in the past with other submersible heaters. I have it attached as the intake to my XP3, and it is very accurate. It is nice to get the hanging heater out of the tank. One less thing back there.

I have an ETH In-Line 300W on my 75G.

Amazon.com: ETH 300 In-Line Heater UL 300W f/16mm & 5/8" Hose: Home & Garden

Best heater I have owned. Very easy to adjust, no need to unplug it during a water change, and the temperature is very stable.

The best benefits is that you don't have an unsightly heater in the tank, no suction cups that keep coming off after they stiffing up, and no sharp edges (on the clips) for skittish fish to hurt themselves on.

Attachments

• PC083864.jpg
    PC083864.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 542
Back
Top Bottom