In my experience...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I thought itd be kind of cool to start a thread about all the little, weird, strange, or wild facts that you have found out through *experience* about specific fish species.

For instance... In my experience, cory catfish do not like to be kept in odd numbers.

I started off with 3 peppered cory catfish in my 55 gallon (thats all the store had left that day). I had a pair... and then one little lone guy off by himself. I added two more.... Same thing. I had two pairs, and then one little lone guy off by himself. I added one more... Now I have three happy little pairs roaming my tank.

My panda corys are acting the same way... I have three. Two are sticking side by side almost all the time... The third one is by myself. Ive guilted myself into getting a fourth as soon as pay day hits.

In my experience ghost shrimp are not peaceful. I caught a ghostie dragging off a guppy fry. Also heard they will gang up on small fish.

BTW I like the idea of this thread.

In my experience ghost shrimp are not peaceful. I caught a ghostie dragging off a guppy fry. Also heard they will gang up on small fish.

BTW I like the idea of this thread.

My ghosties like to climb all over my plecco while he is trying to relax on the bottom. Doesnt seem to bother him tho.

Same here. The 2 peppered stay together and my Albino does his own thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom