In my wildest dreams..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, amanos aquarium is well known around the world. I want to do this in my tank but scaled down, ALOT. It would go in my 75g.

Yes, amanos aquarium is well known around the world. I want to do this in my tank but scaled down, ALOT. It would go in my 75g.

If i ever had that much money, I would make a room made of fish tank! All around me wall to wall would be fish.. how amazing would that be.. The plants would give you privacy and the beauty of it would be astonishing.

I would have no room in my house. I would have to hire a fish butler to help. lol.

people have to remember this is his job. plus he has many people working for him so its not like he is doing these things by his self.

yea just trying to put some stuff in prospective. its a lot easier to do something when you have a bunch of people who takes care of it for you.

I dont really care about the level of care i would LOVE to carry that burden (joy) any day!! Imagine a pwc on that thing.

you really wouldnt have to do much of pwc just because the plants eat up he nitrate from the fish and they would also eat up the phosphate. i had a 55 gallon planted and i did a pwc every like 6 months and my nitrates would stay at like 10 ppm if that

yea just trying to put some stuff in prospective. its a lot easier to do something when you have a bunch of people who takes care of it for you.

Everything would be easier if people did things for me, lol. The sump looks like a bathtub.

you really wouldnt have to do much of pwc just because the plants eat up he nitrate from the fish and they would also eat up the phosphate. i had a 55 gallon planted and i did a pwc every like 6 months and my nitrates would stay at like 10 ppm if that

You only change the water in your 55G twice a year? I have to change the water in my 55G every week or it gets filthy and i'll start losing fish.. You must not have very many fish in your tank or they are super hardy to survive a PWC every 6 months! I couldn't imagine what your filter looks like after 6 months. :eek2:
Also, PWCs do a lot more than just lower your nitrates. Fresh water is the key for healthly plants and fish.

Wow I didnt even think about the PWC he must do, I wonder if he constantly is changing the water and has it treated. I mean the sump is about 100x bigger then my bathtub, so I am sure he constantly is changing the water out, say a hose that runs into the tank, but then again thats a lot of wasted water.. I wonder if he just uses a very highly advanced filtration system, and changes the filters often..

Ack, paying PG&E for the electricity to heat that, or perhaps switching to a boiler and using biotherm in the substrate..DANGIT that uses natural gas from PG&E. Hmm solar stills, wind power, geothermal.. gotta figure it out. I cannot spend more on the fish than I do on my wife... thinking..

Back
Top Bottom