interested in tank decorations....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I see many tanks that are planted or decorated with all natural materials like rocks and driftwood, but not many decorated with sculptures, statues, etc.

I have 6 tanks, only one is all natural decor. I am interested in seeing what others have done with theme based or "purchased" faux decor.

For example, I have an egyptian style tank:

dsc01015ck5.jpg

I'd like to see others.

Anyone else have any interesting "faux decor" tanks?

That's a cool tank! The live plants soften the look and if you imagine a bit they could be palm trees or those huge lotus leaves that you always see in Egyptian art.

There was someone on here that had a tall hexagon tank and had an awesome cast fish sculpture in it; looked like one of those squirting water fountains. It was very dramatic. Hopefully they'll post in this thread.

My tanks are "au natural" but I can definitely appreciate a nicely done theme tank.

I don't know if it fits with the thread, but I have homemade ceramics in my tank - combining two of my hobbies (pottery and fishkeeping). The tank is barebottom so my plants are either in ceramic pots that I've made or "rocks" that I made specifically to attach anubias and java ferns to. I also made a ceramic "tree" and attached anubia nanas to the ends of each branch to provide the leaves.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=12236&cat=500&ppuser=13767

FishyP - I love your tank ! It's "fun" and tastefully done. You're getting me to thinking that maybe I should do something "fun" with one of the 20 gallons that I'll be setting up in late October ...... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks jo, and i love the tree you made. it is very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom