Internal Parasites? or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Please dont be turned away from the mass of text :( I really need some advice.

So a little background info. I have three ryukins in a 37gal tank. I have a sunsun 40 submersible filter and a aquaclear 70 filter. I do a ten gallon water change weekly.

So roadrunner my male ryukin started to act a little funny about a month ago. Swimming funny and pooping weird. So I started to feed them peas and spinach thinking they were constipated. Then I fed him brocolli. I doubt it was the brocolli but about five hours later he went from being fine to not being able to stay upright to outright not being able to get off the gravel.

I'd seen cleary stringy poop and the fish had gotten a little bloated so I suspected internal parasites. I ordered metroprozile stuff from seachem. Made gelfood and followed the directions to make the medicated food. He's been on it for about two and a half weeks now. No improvement.

The otherfish still swim fine but they spend alot of time hanging out at the top of the tank which isnt normal.

What now? I'm planning on trying some epsom salt baths. What are the chances its bacterial? I have kanaplex on hand too. I dont want this turning into dropsy :( I check every single day for a single raised scale

Please post photos. Start doing 50% water changes every day.

Honeslty I dont have enough time. I have to get my water from a friends house. Because mine is bad. That means I'd have to haul 15+ gallons a day from my friends house plus the time it takes to warm to room temp. Thats a good seven hours each day I dont have. My water quality really isnt an issue. Its good. I've been testing it bi weekly since he went ill.
I'll try for photos.

Back
Top Bottom