Intro :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aerotiy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!

I have been an avid animal lover my entire life. I grew up around dogs and when I was younger my parents got me some hermit crabs and eventually a betta fish. Today I have a rabbit, two dogs, a cat, and a 100 gallon freshwater tank.

My real interest in aquariums started when I was about 16 and got myself a small 2.5 gallon tank. I didn't know much at this point but began to teach myself everything regarding filtration systems, the nitrification cycle, fish species compatibility, lighting, feeding, all that good stuff.

My 2.5 gallon was upgraded to a 15, then later to a 29, after that came the 45, and I made the leap to a 100 gallon tank when I found the perfect one on Craigslist for $400. I've had this tank for about 3 years now. I always kept a group of angels, clown loaches, a red tail shark, African leaf fish, pictus cat, and a pleco.

I recently rehomed them to a good friend of mine and got myself a baby tiger Oscar and a baby blood parrot.

This is the first aquarium forum I've ever joined. Hope to maybe learn a few new things and enjoy conversation with my fellow aquarists! :D

Welcome! I think you'll find folks here are very willing to share their experience.

Welcome! I'm so glad you've joined us, this forum is such a wonderful place to share experiences and get advice :)

Back
Top Bottom