Introduction and a filter problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slimjim

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all just to introduce myself I have come back to the hobbie after being out of it for some 40years how technical the hobbie has become dont think I willl get my head around . Old dogs new tricks ect . Lol .Any
way can any one help i have got 403 fluval its been working for approx 7 months i have couple of times cleaned out changed filter mediums cleaned the lmpeller bot it keeps stopping switvh it off and back on all ok for a few hours.

Hi all just to introduce myself I have come back to the hobbie after being out of it for some 40years how technical the hobbie has become dont think I willl get my head around . Old dogs new tricks ect . Lol .Any

way can any one help i have got 403 fluval its been working for approx 7 months i have couple of times cleaned out changed filter mediums cleaned the lmpeller bot it keeps stopping switvh it off and back on all ok for a few hours.

Welcome aboard !! The hobby has changed quite a bit but you'll certainly learn a few new tricks.

As for your Fluval issue, the 403 is quite a relic and I believe has been discontinued for a while. (Since around 2006) That's the unit with individual hose attachment points. The newer units have both hoses designed into a single connection point/stop valve assembly. They had quite a few issues with the magnetic setup in the head of the pump unit. Something that may help is to disconnect the power and place a large magnet on top of the unit, then reconnect. It may help and then again it may not. I would simply look for a newer unit. Also, what the manufacturer doesn't tell you is they could go six months (depending on your WC schedule) without opening them. There's no reason to be inside a canister that much, or any need to change out media. I simply go by the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule. The only media that doesn't hold it's properties for too long is carbon. Usually about 30-45 days and it's shot. I feel Purigen is a better product and it's rechargeable !!! Saves some $$$ in the long run.

Hope this will help and continue to ask away.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Many thanks as it goes I have ordered a 406 should arrive tomorrow hopefully then have trouble free hobby lol I will keep asking away. Once again many thanks don't see a name attached thanks

Slimjim

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom