Invert chat, <3 spineless critters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MABJ said:
I mean anything is possible in this odd hobby.

I just wouldn't put it past a puffer to take a bite out of a nice soft snail. Especially one that hangs out of its shell.

I have moved them in to other tank dont want to dp to hurt them, they were taking little nips

Ugh great pictures, Austin!

Do you have a male and female?

Do you have a small, cycled tank that you could move them to in the event of a pregnancy?

Coursair,

Beautiful tanks!

The one has so many fish in it! So busy lol

Very nice RCS.. I want to do them eventually!

MABJ said:
Ugh great pictures, Austin!

Do you have a male and female?

Do you have a small, cycled tank that you could move them to in the event of a pregnancy?

Thank you! I'm not too sure, I saw them huddled up right next to each other in a small hole in the substrate the other night. One has been moving around the whole day, while the other one haven't moved an inch since they were huddled up. Im thinking the one who haven't moved is pregnant or has eggs? I hope lol

No, I don't have anything for the female if she was pregnant. Should I get one of those $50 2.5 gallon tanks that has a filter and light in one?

I currently have RCS and I am looking into YCS. With black sand, it would really show the YCS' color. Too bad my tank is only 10g and can not fit too much shrimps.

Cornstar said:
I currently have RCS and I am looking into YCS. With black sand, it would really show the YCS' color. Too bad my tank is only 10g and can not fit too much shrimps.

I'm not too familiar with the term YCS, which shrimp are those? Yellow? You could always do another shrimp tank;) lol

Cornstar!

You probably can have a good stock of 40-60 shrimp in there..

Devoted shrimp breeders might put 100 in there lol.

Coursair -- I'm almost more interested in the little tiny fellas on the substrate and the one that enters the mid to right corner of the screen!!!

Are they babies?

image-2690270003.jpg

Cherrys are finally berried! They weren't doing to good when I first got them as in earlier posts. But now seem to be great and healthy molting! Sorry about the dirty glass. I leave it like that for the shrimp except the front.

Richie1RCS said:
Cherrys are finally berried! They weren't doing to good when I first got them as in earlier posts. But now seem to be great and healthy molting!

Sorry about dirty glass lol I leave it dirty for the shrimp!

Richie1RCS said:
Better pic

Very nice! :) let us know when they have babies.

So your other shrimp stopped cracking and dying?

Caroline79 said:
Hi guys my new amano shrimp has shed it's skin!! I only just read that they do this!

Shrimp molt to stay healthy and continue growing. Their skin, a hard exterior, is the substitute for their bones.

MABJ said:
Cornstar!

You probably can have a good stock of 40-60 shrimp in there..

Devoted shrimp breeders might put 100 in there lol.

Coursair -- I'm almost more interested in the little tiny fellas on the substrate and the one that enters the mid to right corner of the screen!!!

Are they babies?

Yes, RCS Shrimplets ;) very cute. I've had less luck with CRS. Got one baby, but then disappeared. So CRS are going into their own tank w AquaSoil Amazonia ( will keep PH low ).

Will an Asscain Snail kill an Apple Golden Snail And A Netrite Snail?

Also I cant seem to find zebra print Snails in any LFS

Should i shop online for them. I just dont trust the web for that kind of thing
Am i wrong?

Also when i go the LFS

I wil find out what the white sticky looking shrimp are :)

Thanks

Great thread!

Caroline79 said:
Hi guys my new amano shrimp has shed it's skin!! I only just read that they do this!

Yeah! They molt to keep their shells healthy and continue growing.

Afterwards they even eat their exoskeletons for the added calcium they expended from the molt!

MABJ said:
Very nice! :) let us know when they have babies.

So your other shrimp stopped cracking and dying?

Yeah there all better now! Doing water changes once a week instead of twice. Bought some fluval shrimp safe for the possible heavy metals in my well water.

I'm so happy to hear it :) They're fire reds if I remember properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom