Invert chat, <3 spineless critters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a few people say assassins will eat shrimp, but that's only if the shrimp is extremely unlucky, you know wrong place wrong time. Figured I'd toss the assassins in my main tank let my shrimp population start increasing and maybe toss a few assassins in the shrimp tank, what do ya'll think?

Sake said:
Heard a few people say assassins will eat shrimp, but that's only if the shrimp is extremely unlucky, you know wrong place wrong time. Figured I'd toss the assassins in my main tank let my shrimp population start increasing and maybe toss a few assassins in the shrimp tank, what do ya'll think?

Sounds good

jetajockey said:
I have a population of assassins in one of my shrimp tanks. They pose little to no threat to a healthy shrimp.

Do you have other inverts like mystery snails/MTS/nerites? Lol

Soon I should be too :D I can't wait for your rams horn eggs to hatch.

Well I might add an assassin to my tank to keep up with pond snails who enjoyed my little algae treat over the weekend lol. They decided to start reproducing again :p

LyndaB said:
No, but they will consume cory eggs very quickly.

Do you think they'd mess with chili rasbora eggs?

Do you think they'd mess with chili rasbora eggs?

They are amazingly fast at sensing a live source of food that's not moving in the tank. As soon as the corys pop an egg onto the tank glass, the assassins are moving in. It's a wonder I end up with any cory fry at all. :rolleyes:

Lol. :) well that's part of making nature! Checks and balances. I like the thought of just one or two fry at a time. Not batches of 50. To be extreme lol.

image-78115403.jpg

image-1327790324.jpg

Is this mating or fighting? New to snails, if mating what can I expect to happen. What steps do I need to take to make sure the babies survive?

jetajockey said:
Pygmy sunfish and rcs might work for a while but inevitably fails. Ive tried it a few times, and they wont usually outright kill adults but you aren't likely to see any babies.

Okay thanks!
If there were enough plants/moss you think some babies may survive? Or are the Pygmy Sunfish pretty thorough in there search for food?

JryanM said:
Okay thanks!
If there were enough plants/moss you think some babies may survive? Or are the Pygmy Sunfish pretty thorough in there search for food?

Well I can say from what I've seen they're bottom occupiers, I wouldn't expect babies to get past them

TheresaMcmurrough said:
Is this mating or fighting? New to snails, if mating what can I expect to happen. What steps do I need to take to make sure the babies survive?

Not fighting I don't think lol.. Looks like I wash your back you wash mine :p.

I honestly can't give a straight answer, but snails like to be around living things, they may just be enjoying each others company. They may be mating. I don't quite know lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom