Invert's and community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viccy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 50 gal tank with angels , silver dollars ,neons ,gourami's , guppies and plecostomus . I am going to add 6 RCS and a Cobalt blue lobster . So my question is would it hurt to add clams to the mix for filtration purpose's ? Or would I be looking for more trouble doing that ?

Ok , scratch this thread . I just discovered the RCS make expensive food for my fish , so now question the blue lobster who I will probably forget about .

Its not a lobster its a blue crayfish. It will eat every thing it can catch. It will also eat your live plants. If you have any.

clams need fine gravel or sand to do good mine were in a 125 with the fine black gravel. planted heavy and they multiplied good. You never see them. Now there out in the crayfish pond. Still don't see them. I know there their because I see the empty shells that the crayfish left after snacking.

Thank you for the advise , I have decided against the inverts. I have also decided not to put in clams , my substrate is gravel though heavily planted it is to corse . Thank you all again for the help in my decisions.

Back
Top Bottom