is it bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it bad that i do random water changes to just get my fish to brighten up...meaning am i stressing them from it

If I understand correctly you are doing a PWC just 'because'. Nothing wrong with that! IMO/E fish become use to PWC. If they happen often they know it's not a threat.

Ok cause ill just be sitting there and be like i know i did a pwc yesterday but the fish dont look as colorful so ill do another to brighten them up lol...im doing about 4 pwc a week right now at about 40% they seem to like it

Fish will always appreciate the clean water. They will get used to the process. My cichlids would come up to the water changer and swim all around it and even up in it :p

Yeah they will adjust to the water changes. But realize there is a lot of factors that go into the fish's color, including how dominant they are feeling etc etc. if your parameters are good and you have adequate filtration, a once per week water change is adequate. Twice a week is good too. Four or more in a week is overkill IMO and won't make a difference. Again, this is assuming your parameters are good. An ammonia spike and it's a whole different story.

CraigMac said:
Yeah they will adjust to the water changes. But realize there is a lot of factors that go into the fish's color, including how dominant they are feeling etc etc. if your parameters are good and you have adequate filtration, a once per week water change is adequate. Twice a week is good too. Four or more in a week is overkill IMO and won't make a difference. Again, this is assuming your parameters are good. An ammonia spike and it's a whole different story.
My parameters are always great and i have a rena xp3 rated for 175g on a 55 with an air stone they just seem like they are better colored and active after a water change

Back
Top Bottom