Is my fish healthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emily7585

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a Betta fish about two weeks ago and have been worried about him having fin rot. I have conditioned the water and made sure it is a happy temperature. But he seems to be going downhill. Aside from looking like he may have fin rot, he has also taken to laying on the bottom of the his bowl. The first picture was taken the second day I had him, the rest are from today.

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 36
Emily
I think your Betta is suffering from Ammonia exposure. I saw that you're using a small glass bowl. If no power filter in use, and have not cycled the tank, Ammonia is your answer.
Research "how to cycle an aquarium".
Your best plan of action is to change 50% of the water everyday until you get into a situation where the water can be properly cycled. once the Betta gets fresh water he's likely to perk up.

Emily
I think your Betta is suffering from Ammonia exposure. I saw that you're using a small glass bowl. If no power filter in use, and have not cycled the tank, Ammonia is your answer.
Research "how to cycle an aquarium".
Your best plan of action is to change 50% of the water everyday until you get into a situation where the water can be properly cycled. once the Betta gets fresh water he's likely to perk up.
+1 ^^^^^
You really do need a filter/heater and an actual tank for a betta

Back
Top Bottom