Is my hair grass dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You've gone to heroic efforts. Try some other plant, dwarf hairgrass is not worthy of you!

Oh and I must say I love your screen name. I image this....IMG_1533.JPG
But standing in front of an aquarium.

So I have been dosing for 2 months now and no new growth. Im at a loss now. Don't know what else I can do. Ideas?

You've been dosing PPS pro yea? What's your co2 injection? Pressurised? Has the brown algae subsided?

You've been dosing PPS pro yea? What's your co2 injection? Pressurised? Has the brown algae subsided?

I am using pressurized Co2. It's a automatic injection system from Drs Foster and Smith. With the exception of the hair grass, everything else is booming.

I am using pressurized Co2. It's a automatic injection system from Drs Foster and Smith. With the exception of the hair grass, everything else is booming.

Did you trim it? Maybe it's completely dead?

I have also heard that hairgrass can be very slow to start and hen explodes with growth. I've never grown it personally but I will be using it very soon.

Did you trim it? Maybe it's completely dead?

I have also heard that hairgrass can be very slow to start and hen explodes with growth. I've never grown it personally but I will be using it very soon.

I did trim it but not much. There are a few green blades here and there but they a few and not propagating at all from what I can see

The brown algae has finally started to subside also. I will add a pic of the tank tomorrow

The brown algae has finally started to subside also. I will add a pic of the tank tomorrow

If there is signs of green blades then I'd wait it out a little longer. You want a ph drop of 1.0-1.2 if u haven't already. PPS pro should get it all rolling. I've got some in a propagator at the moment and it's looking very slow so far

Good luck with the DHG. That's something I've yet to try.
I hear trumpets playing when I read your screen name.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom