Is my Honey Gourami ok? I need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marladuke

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 15 gallon tank with 8 ember tetras and 5 fancy guppies so I bought a Honey Gourami to be a "centerpiece" fish. I did my research, they're very peaceful and should be fine in my peaceful planted community tank.

I bought home Bebe, male, just 3 days ago and he was fine: swimming around, eating, getting along with the others. This morning he's hanging out up in the rear corner. Didn't come for his food and only ate very little. He's up near the water line and has stayed in that same corner for the last couple of hours and I'm concerned.

My ph is 6.8, all my levels are perfect. He's not being harrassed. What's happened?

Any advice or comments would be very welcome.

Gouramis tend to like the surface, and also to have hiding places. Does your tank have tall plants that reach to the surface or any floating plants to make them feel more at home?

Honey Gourami Improved

Thank you for responding. Bebe seemed better as the day went along. I guess I am still getting to know his habits and personality. Again, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom