Is my honey Grouami sick, fat or pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've removed her from the tank and put her in a big bucket with water from the tank. Added some mushy carrots because I don't have peas and a little bit of aquarium salt and some melafix. Unfortunately I have to go out of town tomorrow so I'm not sure what to do if she isn't better by the morning. :nono:

Well she is still hanging in there but wasn't looking good at all this morning, very stiff but they may have been because the water temp in the bucket dropped. I put all new water from the tank in the bucket. I think I'm going to have to kill her before I leave town tonight. I just don't feel comfortable putting her back in the tank and leaving.

She is dead, that is now 4 of 5 HGs that have died of a mysterious illness while all of the other fish are doing perfectly fine. No more Gouramis for me.

My H/RG looked exactly like yours she lasted bout a week then found her dead. I have no idea wat happened to her. She did show any signs of sickness swam around happily then one day. Dead.

She is dead, that is now 4 of 5 HGs that have died of a mysterious illness while all of the other fish are doing perfectly fine. No more Gouramis for me.
Sorry to hear that! She was a lovely fish. I know many people have a hard time with gouramis because of illnesses.

Back
Top Bottom