Is My Snail ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Random Fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just want to make sure my snail is fine. It's not the snail it's self it's his shell. Looked like his shell was deteriorating due to lack of calcium but now that I sometimes add calcium to my tank, its stopped. But the mark hasn't disappeared. Anything I can do to help heal it or is it permanent? Or will it slowly continue or what? Here are some pics:

Attachments

• image-856395631.jpg
    image-856395631.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image-4226793374.jpg
    image-4226793374.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 101
Just make sure to continue adding plenty of calcium...and I don't think it will completely go away but when he grows it will be less and less noticeable

How often should I put the calcium and how much? My method: I use a butter knife and scrape the calcium off my bird bone (for got the name.) right obove my tank

If I were you I would just break off a piece of the cuttle bone and put it in the tank it will take a couple days to sink but once it does just hide it in the back of the tank out of sight and then you should be fine

If I were you I would just break off a piece of the cuttle bone and put it in the tank it will take a couple days to sink but once it does just hide it in the back of the tank out of sight and then you should be fine

I tried that but my snail never got to it and that's how his shell got the way it is.

i would just get a gh booster and increase your gh (which also adds calcium to the water).

Kale and spinach is a good source of calcium as well, i feed it to all of my snail's :)

The only thing I'm worried about is my goldfish eating it. But luckily I might get a divider soon so my oranda can leave my other fishes in peace. (He's a HUGE bully during feeding time.) so ill try with that sometime. Thanks. Btw think my Pleco will eat that?

If you put the calcium in your filter like you would with carbon u should be fine

The only thing I'm worried about is my goldfish eating it. But luckily I might get a divider soon so my oranda can leave my other fishes in peace. (He's a HUGE bully during feeding time.) so ill try with that sometime. Thanks. Btw think my Pleco will eat that?

My bristlenose eats all the vegi,s i put in for my snail's :)

Edit/update: my first post was mistaken. I think i've only slowed down the deterioration process. I'm not sure what I should do though. I've added a piece of cuttle bone to my tank and I've tried feeding him it directly and he tries to eat it but he doesn't seem to like it. What should I do? At the very least I would i like to stop it. Or if I can, stop it and get it to heal. Please help!

Back
Top Bottom