Is my tank already established?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfishy27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’ve used established media and plants in my new 75 gallon, and it’s been up for about 3 days with no spikes and all good water quality
Ph:7-2-7.6
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrites: 0ppm
Nitrates: 5ppm
Is it already established because i used old water media and plants?
-Thanks

You very well might have successfully pulled off an instant cycle. That is a common procedure for hobbiest with multiple tanks and power filters. I wouldn't rush things, just to be on the safe side.

I agree with V .
What are your stocking plans ? A 75 is a good sized tank .
I have moved filters ,plants ,hardscape and enjoyed 'instant cycles' with many tanks. I usually try to stay on top of new tanks as good measure which means a little more water changes then usual .
As noted stock 'slowly' and test or just change water like will on a schedule anyways.

It does sound like your tank has been instantly cycled.

I would suggest stocking slowly, but not too slowly otherwise some bacteria might die off due to lack of ammonia.

What are your stocking plans

It does sound like your tank has been instantly cycled.

I would suggest stocking slowly, but not too slowly otherwise some bacteria might die off due to lack of ammonia.

What are your stocking plans

2 Or 4 Angelfish
Neons
Black Phantoms
Penguin Tetras
Panda/Peppered Cories
Silver Tipped Tetras
Pristille Tetras
Lots and Lots of plants

IMO your stocking ideas are excellent, with one exception. Full grown angels don't go well with Neons. Just a suggestion, might consider switching the Angels for other S.A. cichlids such as Dwarf Rams (German Blues, or Bolivian) or maybe a small grouping of Electric Blue Acaras.

IMO your stocking ideas are excellent, with one exception. Full grown angels don't go well with Neons. Just a suggestion, might consider switching the Angels for other S.A. cichlids such as Dwarf Rams (German Blues, or Bolivian) or maybe a small grouping of Electric Blue Acaras.

I forgot to clarify something* I have 2 fully grown angels in a tank with neons and they do just fine, so i’m just simply transferring them over. What order do you think i should add them in?

I would stock the meekest, least agressive fish first, allowing them to scope out all the safe spots before the big guys arrive.

I would stock the meekest, least agressive fish first, allowing them to scope out all the safe spots before the big guys arrive.

Also, how long should i wait for transferring my 37g fish to my 75 gallon? should i do a group a day or could i add them all at once?

Back
Top Bottom