Is my tank overcrowded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nnacho528

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 6 danios 3 mollies a gourami and 2 tetras, in a 20 g tank.Is that to much?

:welcome: to AA! :)

IMO you are stocked with the mollies. Provided super excellent filtration, I would just up your tetra school, and not add anything else. If possible, try to get rid of one or two of the mollies. They are poop makers IMO.

What kind of danios? 20 Tall or 20 Long?

I agree. I would typically consider 29 gals as the minimum for mollies, but with proper filtration you may be OK. What kind of tetra? Some work in 20 gals and some do not. If it's a 20L the danios work, but if it's a 20H it isn't long enough for them.

id consider the 29 to be the best fit for mollies IME, what kind of danios and tetras? some tetras like the black skirt and such can get pretty big.

zebra danios dart around EVERYWHERE in the tank, i had a few in my 55 a while back, and they were still really active.

Its a twenty gallon long, the water stays really clear, the gravel pump helps alot. Head and tail light tetras, they are about 1.5-2 inches long, the danios are small striped danios.

I agree. Get 4 more tetras. The mollies are what put you in a potentially overstocked situation. They can get quite large, 3-5" and have a big bio-load. What type of filtration are you running?

I have a aqueon 10 filter for up to 20 gallons, do I need to boost it?

Back
Top Bottom