Is my water surface agitation is fine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I removed air stone and decided to oxygenate water by my power head because I am having a brackish tank and air stone was causing salt creep to walls of my tank. So to avoid that I for the first time ever trying to have tank without air stone.

Please have a look and tell me will this water movement will produce sufficient oxygen and is it fine?

https://youtu.be/02cwn-d6DBM

Thanks.

I removed air stone and decided to oxygenate water by my power head because I am having a brackish tank and air stone was causing salt creep to walls of my tank. So to avoid that I for the first time ever trying to have tank without air stone.

Please have a look and tell me will this water movement will produce sufficient oxygen and is it fine?

https://youtu.be/02cwn-d6DBM

Thanks.
Hi kashif314:

That is a lot of agitation. It's certainly more than enough to keep your water well oxygenated. What size is your tank?

I agree with what has been said above, it definitely is highly oxygenated! I wouldn't worry about it, in fact I'd worry about it being TOO turbulent before it being not enough!

Hi kashif314:

That is a lot of agitation. It's certainly more than enough to keep your water well oxygenated. What size is your tank?
Thanks. My tank is small. Its about 50 gallon and inadequate for the fish I have I know. I ll be switching to new tank pretty soon.

I agree with what has been said above, it definitely is highly oxygenated! I wouldn't worry about it, in fact I'd worry about it being TOO turbulent before it being not enough!
Thanks. I didn't understand what you mean by

"In fact I would worry about it being too turbulent before it being not enough"

English is not my language so kindly please explain what u mean by this. Thanks.

Thanks. I didn't understand what you mean by

"In fact I would worry about it being too turbulent before it being not enough"

English is not my language so kindly please explain what u mean by this. Thanks.

I think he means you're closer to having too much water movement than you are to not having enough

I think he means you're closer to having too much water movement than you are to not having enough
I didn't know too much water movement is a bad thing. Is it? I guess its very good for salt in the tank. No? I have yes too much movement inside too. Have two powerheads inside water too. One is a UV sterilizer and other is a filter.

I mean, if it's too strong for the fish it could be bad

Some fish don't care for turbulent water and will find a calm corner and never leave it. I overpowered my tank with too strong a power head. My tetras were bounced around by it.

I run powerheads in most of my tanks, that isn't too strong flow at all. I run a huge turnover rate in my saltwater tank via powerheads. Saltwater and brackish turnover rates are much higher than freshwater tanks. Those fish aren't struggling to swim, especially with most of the current at the surface.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes I need to have a very nice flow in tank because of the salt I have in tank. My fish are very calm and swim easily. They aren't small. Mono Angels, Scats and Archers. Usually small fish have problems swimming.

Back
Top Bottom