Is Prime bad for snails????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bags101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I read on a post here that Prime is not good if you have snails???

Bags101 said:
I read on a post here that Prime is not good if you have snails???

I haven't heard the but I can tell ya what's really bad for snails. My African Cichlid's!! lol.

But seriously I haven't heard that about Prime. Will be doing a google search now, I'm curious.

Couldn't find anything. One article I skimmed through said some company's use Prime when shipping freshwater inverts snails etc to help keep them alive. If you find anything please post.

LOL... I read it just today but can not remember the thread I read it on...
Thanks for the quick response. That has to be a record....

Mumma.of.two said:
No it is not bad for snails. It has no effect on inverts at all.

And there she is... Mumma! She would know.

I didn't think so. They use it when shipping fish inverts etc... Some company's do anyway.

You read it on my thread that I heard it. I believe Mumma.of.two though. The advice I received was from a LFS but it was a LFS where the owner had been in business for like 20 years. I heard it from him. He said because of the protective slime coat properties of Prime. So - I opt'd for Kent.

In the long run - NOT using Prime and using Kent (and IMHO Kent is a great product), I was only able to keep my snails alive for about 6 months. Either way it probably didn't matter ;)

BLEH...

I too am glad to hear all of this. Thanks ya'll. I prefer to use the Prime because of its ammonia "neutralizing" properties. I just ordered a 1/2 gallon vs. reordering Kent (which I needed to get anyways).

Back
Top Bottom