Is she pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missgingersnap

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering if you guys think she's pregnant. I just got her a week ago and I'm not sure if she's bigger than when I first got her since she hid for the first few days. I've never had any female livebearers before so I'm pretty clueles. How do you know when they're close to having babies? Thanks guys!

Attachments

• DSC_1856.jpg
    DSC_1856.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_1857.jpg
    DSC_1857.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 64
I don't believe she is gravid. They'll get a spot near the anal fin and I don't really see that in the pics.

At least she's well fed (and apparently not with slimfast). :)

all my platies were bought small skinny fish. And now they are very plump. Although I dont understand how they are often out competed for most of the food by the tiger barbs i believe i found where they were getting the extra food. I throw in two algae wafers in for my loaches pletco and snails and ive seen them grazing on them.

all my platies were bought small skinny fish. And now they are very plump. Although I dont understand how they are often out competed for most of the food by the tiger barbs i believe i found where they were getting the extra food. I throw in two algae wafers in for my loaches pletco and snails and ive seen them grazing on them.

Yes, platies love to graze on algae. I saw this behavior often when I kept them in a 45 heavily planted. They eat like pigs when you feed the tank, but definitely are grazers as well. Platies have huge appetites! :)

Back
Top Bottom