Is there a ro/di test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bige

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at the lfs today and heard the employee tell another employee that it had been 3 years since they changed their filters on thier RO/DI. This is concerning for me because I use their water. Is there a test or combo of tests to show I am getting what I pay for? I tested with all my kits which is phosphates, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. All are 0.

Only if you can come up with a TDS meter. "Total Dissolved Solids" If you are in a Reef Club I am sure that someone will have one. They aren't real expensive if you wanted to buy one "pen type", mine was about $20.00

If I was buying RO/DI water from a LFS, I'd expect it to be 0.0 ppm. If it is just RO, then I'd give them a little break and not expect "perfect" because it can't be.

Anyone selling RO/DI water should have a TDS meter onhand, and be able to tell and show you what their current stored water reading is. If they don't, then they shouldn't be selling water. Or at least I wouldn't be buying it!

I dont know why I just trusted them to do it right. I have a RO/Di unit but it was just so easy buying water. I guess the easy way is the lazy way and that is the result, sub par product.

Back
Top Bottom