Is there such a thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
filstarcanisterfilters

$122 for an XP3, which is great for a 55G

IMO you can use a little smaller filter, if you have good water movement. SO if your filter moves 250GPH or so, then you have a powerhead that moves 200GPH you should be good, as although the PH doesnt filter anything, if you direct it good if helps the "crap" not settle and more of it makes its way into the filter, basically the water movement/flow makes the filter more efficient/effective.

well, i decided on the fluval 404 for a couple of reasons. price 167 and change and seperate compartments for different filter media.
I went to 3 lfs today and everyone i talked to highly recommended it.

so do you guys think i should still continue to run the hob filter in conjunction or should i get rid of it after my new establishes itself?

I don't see a reason not to run it at the same time, unless the extra clutter and noise bothers you. It can't hurt to have a backup filter ready to go. Or you could just squeeze your media into your canister to keep it cycled.

Is this your only tank?

I don't see a reason not to run it at the same time, unless the extra clutter and noise bothers you. It can't hurt to have a backup filter ready to go. Or you could just squeeze your media into your canister to keep it cycled.

Is this your only tank?

i have a 5 gal qt tank and im waiting on my friend to sell her discuss b4 she sells me her 220 gal.

well, i decided on the fluval 404 for a couple of reasons. price 167 and change and seperate compartments for different filter media.
I went to 3 lfs today and everyone i talked to highly recommended it.

so do you guys think i should still continue to run the hob filter in conjunction or should i get rid of it after my new establishes itself?

WOW that's alot!!, you can get the new model "405" for that price. Many people like the Rena filters better than Fluval. I just bought a Fluval 304 for my 55G, I thought I was getting a 40G tank and ended up with a 55G(would have got the 404 instead). I added a koralia power head to help with water movement. I like the filter and have no issues with it.

If you want the "04 model, the 404 can be had cheap on ebay, $85 shipped to your door. Same seller that I bought mine from. Its a NIB filter with everything, except enough media to fill all of the trays.
Hagen Fluval 404 Cannister Filter Freshwater Saltwater - eBay (item 140277453093 end time Oct-28-08 08:43:00 PDT)

WOW that's alot!!, you can get the new model "405" for that price. Many people like the Rena filters better than Fluval. I just bought a Fluval 304 for my 55G, I thought I was getting a 40G tank and ended up with a 55G(would have got the 404 instead). I added a koralia power head to help with water movement. I like the filter and have no issues with it.

If you want the "04 model, the 404 can be had cheap on ebay, $85 shipped to your door. Same seller that I bought mine from. Its a NIB filter with everything, except enough media to fill all of the trays.
Hagen Fluval 404 Cannister Filter Freshwater Saltwater - eBay (item 140277453093 end time Oct-28-08 08:43:00 PDT)

im sorry...it is a 405

so i finally hooked up my new filter. i gotta tell you how blown away by how quiet it is. the only way that i can actually tell the thing is runnin is by the wiggle of the nozzle. ive decided to leave the hob filter on the tank for a few weeks until i get some new bacteria growth.
After that, its goin on my new 10 gal tank.

the pressure is really hard. there is actually a current in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom