Is this a coral ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marco V

Aquarium Advice Freak
The LFS sold this to my wife as a coral ..... It has dark green small bubbles and clear larger ones.

Attachments

• image-1379146094.jpg
    image-1379146094.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 100
They got you it's bubble algae. What ever you do don't pop it or it will be all over your tank

Last edited by a moderator:
By the looks of it I think one pop already . I took it out of the tank . Now to have THAT talk with the wife and find out where she got it . She meant well but ****nn.

Ok , now that I got her the money back is there any preventative measures I should take to try take care of this now ?

No much you can do but keep an eye on your tank. If you see and bubble algae growing remove it as soon as possible but dont pop it. Popping it will allow it to further spread. A good way to remove it is to hold a siphon hose over it as your doing a waterchange and cut it off with an exacto knife or scalpel. It will instantly get sucked up. Also emerald crabs have been known to eat it.

If the lfs actually sold you that as a coral deliberately, they should be put out of business...

You can take it off with tweezers, just don't pop them, it was pretty easy for me. My emerald crab devoured bubble algae, that might be an option also.

Are you sure there isn't anything else on it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom