Is this a Jawfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zaku999

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone!!

Need help!

I got this lovely fish for about 2 weeks!
img_407436_0_33ff5af2ab4e036adff14581a43ef48a.jpg

I think it is a jawfish.. but it is really bugging me as I and the seller have no idea the name of it!

Has anyone seen and know the name of this fish! Many Thanks!

Btw it is around 8 inches long...

[/img]

It's an eel... Taenioconger digueti

What have you treid feeding it and how has it responded?

Cheers
Steve

I have never seen anything like that. It is beautiful. Is it shy? Does it try to get close to the top(escape artist)?

I've seen them listed as garden eels. Was told they never leave the sand and are hard to feed. Have to be target fed and if they decide to burrow behind the rocks, it's difficult to feed them. They get quite long but you'll only ever see an inch or two of it. I almost bought one myself. I can't remember what they are fed, or what exactly it was that turned me off though. :? Good luck, I hope you are successful.

Oh dear, no wonder I couldn't find the species!

it is a very very shy fish. although i introduce him very early (my 3rd fish) it is still very timid and easily frighten by other fishes swimming above his barrow. Yup it never leaves his barrow..

My major concern is 'HOW to feed them!!"

My aquarium told me that it will feed on brine shrimp and mysis shrimp but my attempt was not successful, my eel just watch them drift by!! sob sob..

That is a Pale green eel. The garden eel is a Taenioconger hassi

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom