is this Frogspawn? i hope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol, it's only towards other coral, except for the same type. We, meaning humans, can't feel the sting of corals or anemones. Pretty sure.. unless there's some nem out there i don't know about that can sting people.. but from what i've read there's no nem in SW aquaria that can sting a human.
There are people who will react to a sting , use gloves around this especially if you are allergic to bee stings ... :D
Sweepers can get fairly long from a couple inches to a almost the tanks diameter (nanos) good flow seems to retard them a bit :D
(I am still sticking with it being a torch :p)

lol. The lfs had other good
pieces of lr, one piece had like 3 or 4 different mushrooms as well as some other polyps and maybe some xenya. But the rock was way too big for my nano. Like 8-10 lbs. If i didn't have any lr I woulda got it but oh well. I'm happy with spending $3.21 on a piece of lr and coming home with a decent frag attached to it

Ok, Now I`ll show pics of mine.

Frogspawn
100_1893.jpg

Torch coral
100_1896.jpg

Now what does everyone think?

I might as well guess hammer coral. Looks like hammer as well. Thick for a torch coral, and doesnt look like a mass of frogeggs either. Who says hammer coral?

Ok then, acropora it is! :lach:
Matt

Trust me... It's a torch coral that is not fully open. Mine is the same color and looked JUST like that. Once it gets established, granted all the parameters are correct in the tank, it will open up and the tenticles will stretch out.

Look at my profile and check out my tank. Look at the first picture, which is my tank now and look at the second one. The torch is in the middle of the tank when I first got it and on the left (opened) now.

CASE CLOSED!!

Definitely not a hammer. The ends of each individual polyp are definitely different.

008_70497.jpg

hahaha sushi. I agree with everyone who says it's torch, even though when i first saw it i thought frogspawn.

Awe SADielynn, I'm with you on this one......:)

Last edited:
hahaha sushi. I agree with everyone who says it's torch, even though when i first saw it i thought frogspawn.
Me too, and that was because I knew it wasn't a hammer and did not think about a torch until Sadie posted...great call Sadie!!!

Some corals look so much alike that I don't know how y'all keep it straight :)

I don't know what it is but it looks like something my clown would love to host.

Well since everyone else has said Torch I will say Torch as well.

LOL It is torch for sure a very good price and a lovely example!

BTW...my avatar is a pic of the Frogspawn I had in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom