is this Frogspawn? i hope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And using that as an example, every note the multiple 'heads' on each tentacle? That is a frogspawn thing. Torch is just the one at the end and Hammers have a hammer shaped head.

My frogspawn:

1001520if4.jpg

That pic was taken after maybe a year. The frogspawn was the very first coral I ever bought. It was tiny when I got it about the size of a golf ball when fully inflated. I fragged it several times through the years and it always grew right back. At one point the full colony would barely fit into a 5g bucket. It was one of my favorite LPS corals. A friend of mine has a piece of it that they have offered a frag of to me when I get going again.

Yea it definitally has one head per tentacle. Torch it is. I feel lucky to have that come in on some LR and I only had to pay $3.21... I always browse through the live rock just for reasons like this. I know that I'll find a small piece with something worth having. I will just have to stop once there is no more room for LR.

That pic was taken after maybe a year. The frogspawn was the very first coral I ever bought. It was tiny when I got it about the size of a golf ball when fully inflated. I fragged it several times through the years and it always grew right back. At one point the full colony would barely fit into a 5g bucket. It was one of my favorite LPS corals. A friend of mine has a piece of it that they have offered a frag of to me when I get going again.
I can"t wait to see how that tank will turn out. Glad to see you posting again.

Yea. I hope the tank fills out nice, it's a little over a month old now and I have a couple frags in there but it looks kinda empty as far as coral goes

In time your tank will look great! Sit back and watch it grow,,,,

I can"t wait to see how that tank will turn out. Glad to see you posting again.

It's good to be back and in action again!

I am so looking forward to setting up this nano. I know it wont be the same as my 120 but for now it will get me back into the game and my feet wet so to speak. I've got pretty much everything I need other than LR and a stand but both of those are easy to come by in my area. The build thread is going to be set up soon.

I'm excited! I won't try to talk you into something bigger.(you know the routine...bigger is better) I promise...Hahaha

I'm excited! I won't try to talk you into something bigger.(you know the routine...bigger is better) I promise...Hahaha

Believe me I would much rather have a larger system but I can't do it right now not in the current living conditions. Apartment life is just not a good place for a large fish tank. The nano cube will keep me occupied for awhile and offer a different perspective of the hobby. I've always like the smaller tanks but never wanted to really get into them. I had a couple of pico tanks when I had the larger system going but they were all short lived.

I'm in the same situation. I have a 100g sitting in storage but don't want to put it up untill I'm in my own house, renting just isn't the ideal situation

I'm just excited that I'm going to have a tank again. After over a year without I'm going a little crazy to have the scent of SW in my house....

I went 3 years without. I had mine set up about 4 years ago and after a year, it crashed cus someone threw a jar fully of pennys and just crap in it while I was gone, thinkin my reaction would be funny.. Needless to say everything ended up dying

Back
Top Bottom