Is this gravel safe for corydoras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, any type of gravel is safe for corys. My brother had extremely rough gravel with 3 corys, and they lived to be the oldest fish in the tank! Others may disagree, but corys are really tough cookies!

It's fine, my only issue is the brand. To be honest, that stuff is very cheap and if you get a color, it tends to wear off. I had black that went gray, a friend of mine went a dark purple for her daughter's tank and now it's pastel.

It's fine, my only issue is the brand. To be honest, that stuff is very cheap and if you get a color, it tends to wear off. I had black that went gray, a friend of mine went a dark purple for her daughter's tank and now it's pastel.
+1. I have black and it is wearing to a white color.

Yeah, gravel should be fine with corys. I've always had gravel with mine. Oh and colored gravel does fade, i have a blue mix and it's fading to white.

I've always had gravel with my cory's as well. I have had the same kind of gravel (i mixed orange and blue.... go gators! heh) and they're both wearing to white in places where the cory's like to hang out.

I just got the plain, white gravel. I have heard a lot from reviews about the colors fading. Does the color fade into the tank? I guess with regular water changes it would get cleaned out.

Thanks for taking my worries away. :) Petsmart has cory cats on sale for a $1 right now, so I'm hoping my tank is cycled before the sale ends.

Hey Grape...I saw the sale too. I'm going to get some tomorrow. I don't know where you're located (I'm in Illinois) and the signs here said the sale is on thru 3-25-12. I hope you make it in time!

It must be nationwide. I'm in Florida, and that's when the sale ends here too.

Back
Top Bottom