Is this light good for corals and anemony ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

westy101

Aquarium Advice Activist
T5 HO 6x39w

Attachments

• image-2823557746.jpg
    image-2823557746.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 94
More or less 60 gallon 100cm long 24" top to bottom and around 16-18" deep

I wouldn't know if they are individual or not but it does say this .... 95% reflective aluminum inserts that increase output by over 300% ?

I wouldn't know if they are individual or not but it does say this 95% reflective aluminum inserts that increase output by over 300% ?

individual reflectors, quality ballasts,and quality bulbs all make up a good fixture. one bulb won't put out the same PAR as another. they vary greatly.

It might be fine. Do you have a link to it? Find out what kind of reflectors is has, what type of ballasts comes with it and which bulbs are included.

Em is an eBay link and it has no useful info sorry :/ but could you please give me a link for a good light unit for an aquarium 100cm long ?

If any one has a good light fixture please send a pic or a link on the light unit thanks

Tbh don't care about that anymore lol could you help me find a good unit then please I'm in the uk

lol.yes, but i don't know who ships to you. give me a common vendor and i'll pick a fixture from there.

This is the unit I have been looking at ?

Attachments

• image-3742701005.jpg
    image-3742701005.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 74
By individual reflectors do you mean a large foil like cover behind the lights ?

no. i mean a piece of metal cupped around each lamp. that image above appears to be one single flat piece of metal behind all of the bulbs, which is not ideal. you may be able to get away with that fixture but it won't be nearly as potent as an individually reflected one.
check ebay. current sells their refurbished units there from time to time.
something like this would be good-
36 inch Current USA 6x39W Nova Extreme Pro T5HO 3-10k/ - eBay (item 200541945237 end time Apr-09-11 11:04:26 PDT)

how about this one?
Aquarium Lighting : Arcadia Classica Pendant
the 2 x 150 watt version.

they don't give a whole lot of information about their products, and i've never heard of most of them. also, they seem pretty expensive.

I can't really have hanging but the top unit you showed me looks promising do they do that worldwide and 100cm long ?

I could just buy these and add them ?

Attachments

• image-457140663.jpg
    image-457140663.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom