is this normal for this plant ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nice pictue and jchillin no worries. one question though is the xp3 powerful enough to blow the flow of water all away through the spray bar end? and does this mean that since it is longer with more holes it reduces 3x the amount of power flow it ejects? cause I'm thinking with this method the current will still hit the front of tank, come down towards the middle bottom and hit the back wall thus bending plants towards the back maybe?

I can only attest to what I am seeing after making this modification. Yes there is enough volume from the filter to discharge through the entire length of the now doubled length of spray bar.

As you suspect the discharge is divided by the number of holes in the spraybar making the amount that comes out of each hole much less. What I notice is that there is now an equal amount of movement in all parts of the tank which is evident in the slow subtle movement of the plant leaves. Before there was a lot of movement near to the smaller spraybar and almost nothing on the other end of the tank. I see none of the plants bending at all. Just gentle swaying and even that is minor.

HTH

Bingo Sparky, that is exactly it (and once again, a picture is worth a thousand words)!

Kaz, just take a look at my tank pic. That is a very densely planted tank and there are no dead spots. FWIW, I'd never recommend devices or methods that I don't employ personally.
:)

Back
Top Bottom