Is this product any good?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oO BRIGHTY Oo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will this clearmax make a big difference to clarity in my tank?

Attachments

• image-431790031.jpg
    image-431790031.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 191
Ive never used it my myself but no it's not always going to solve your problem. What going on with your tank?

There is not a problem as of yet, our tank isn't quite off the ground yet, I'm waiting for our powerheads to arrive and then we will get the live rock and RO water and start the tanks cycle!

We have a 260litre tank with fluval 305 canister filter and I was wondering as well as some carbon and filter floss, if this would help.

Definitely need the carbon and filter floss but the clear max not so much

What?!? Lol, why is that, you are the 1st person to say it is problematic. Got me worried now!!

running a canister filter on a sw is fine plenty of members do it just clean it regularly so detritus wont build up in it

I was always told to avoid it if possible, nitrate and trite factory and bad for corals. Unless your doing fish only

Phew, at the moment we going to do a FOWLR so hopefully won't get too many problems as long as we are up to date with maintaining a healthy filter!

My LFS recommends emptying the canister and filling it with LR fragments, I'm also adding carbon and filter floss

Ya that's not necessarily true. I see what your saying but I've been running a canister on my 75 reef for 2 years and it has been great. But yes I will say if you aren't moving a lot like I have been. You should try to get a sump and refugium running but that's not always possible and if not a canister filter will be perfectly fine

I run a fluval canister on my 55g with absolutely no issues and with 0 nitrates too. Just gotta clean it is all. :)

I think clearmax is for freshwater fish only, check out the box. I've used it in my FW tanks with not much discernable difference.

It does indeed say on the box that it is for both which is good! Well hopefully will be filling it up with RO water this Sunday and I'm going to try a bag of clearmax at the bottom of the canister and I shall keep you posted on the results!

Also this is what my cat thinks about the tank!!!

Attachments

• image-2564553300.jpg
    image-2564553300.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 167
I have about 6 fluvals in my possession. They are very handy. 2 404s on my 70 FW and the others I use for various SW tasks. I can use the 104 as a vaccuum to clean LR. I put phosban in the 204 and have a 304 on my 33gal solana for some real filtration. The only issue I have had was when I left the valve closed for who knows how long. When I opened it, it dumped a quart of sulphuric acid into the tank, killing my flame angel pretty quickly.

That must have been a dark day finding a dead flame angel!
That is ultimately the last fish going into our tank, the jewel in the crown if you like! But that won't be for a long time yet, gotta get this tank and filter running optimally first!!

Once I've Been running the tank for a minimum of 2 weeks, should I add a damsel/clown as my pilot fish or a couple of cleaner shrimp?!

I would wait till the cycle is done, after all, fish didn't swim in the ocean right when it was made, it took time. Patients my friend.

Point taken, we are in no hurry to get it wrong!

Is this not a very clever place to fit the heater?!?

Attachments

• image-3368954963.jpg
    image-3368954963.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 194
i would think youd wanna keep it out of the corner for optimum heating, and is that a sunken ship deco? if so, please make sure theres no little crevices for your fishies to get stuck in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom