Is This Stock Composition Possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eatfood

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My aquarium is 55 gallons. I was wondering if it was possible to mix multiple Aulonocara Malawi Peacocks with Placidochromis electra? The common name for the placidochromis electra is a deep water Hap

I read that you need to keep at least a 1:2 male/female ratio for each group. I don't really know if that applies to what I am trying to do.

Can I get for example, one male albino peacock, one female red peacock, and one blue orchard peacock, or does it have to be 1 male albino peacock with 2 female albino peacock? All of these fish are under the Aulonocara Malawi Peacock list.

Also, if I want to get both the aulonacras, and the placidochromis, is it ok if I get 6 of one type and only 3 of the other?

If none of this really makes sense, can I just get some suggestions for stocking myc 55g tank with Malawian cichlids? I like the Peacocks and the placidochromis electra the best.

I believe the haps you are asking about reach 12" and would need a much larger tank.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah the haps will be too large. A huge group of peacocks could work nicely. Maybe 15 or so, either 3 females per male or an all male tank which I would advise.

Just dont mix peacocks with any highly aggressive mbuna like auratus or demasoni.

Yeah the haps will be too large. A huge group of peacocks could work nicely. Maybe 15 or so, either 3 females per male or an all male tank which I would advise.

Just dont mix peacocks with any highly aggressive mbuna like auratus or demasoni.

Thanks! I all peacocks would be great. Really glad that I can do that. :)

Back
Top Bottom