Isopods and GreeneX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vehl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alrighty, as many of you may have read in the Sick Fish Forum, I have found isopods on my fish.

After reading a lot up on Interceptor 90% or more post with no pod deaths, well at least that they could tell. In fact most crabs, shrimps, etc.. survived the Interceptor treatment.

After visiting 3 LFS in my area, 1 of which I do all my shopping at and trust a lot, I was told at each location that GreeneX would take care of my problem. I was also told that it would not be a problem in a reef tank.
After reading up some on the internet I have read that it "can" be a problem. Lots of people used it on reefs and corals did fine. Others say it will kill corals but have not used it.

So I guess what I am looking for is any firsthand knowledge about the product, and if possible using it in relation to isopods.

I do know that it very well may stain my silicone green, which I am deciding may or may not be okay.

Now the corals I have are: 1 small Xenia, Star Polyps, Slipper Tongue, and fire/ice zoanthids.

So as always your esteemed opinions are wanted and respected.

Just trying one last way out before going fishless for 8 months.

Well, here is my experience.

I used GreenX when I was just running a FO tank. I knew not to use any copper meds, just in case I want to upgrade to a reef later, but I had a bad ich problem. This was about a year ago. I treated with the GreenX and everything got better. However, my return tubing from my sump is tinted a bluish green now.

8 months later I decided to upgrade my lighting and start a reef. Currently I have 2 different types of shrooms, a candy cane, and a goniopora. All have been in the tank for at least 2 months and look extremely healthy. Even the Goniopora which has a very poor survival rate in home aquariums is growing.

So, I did not see any bad side affects. I'm hoping that as I step up to some tougher SPS corals that I will still be in good shape. HTH

tripper

I used Greenex at one point in my tank for ich, and I'm pretty sure we had all our LR in at that time. We still ended up with an isopod problem, so I don't think the Greenex had any effect on them.

Back
Top Bottom