It's Time to Start Thinking About Aquascaping & Theming Our 60 Gallon Goldie Tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL...roger that...:lol:

Unfortunately, the batteries in the digital camera died :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

and we don't have any double A's left, so those pics are gonna have to wait until tomorrow; my sincere apologies...:(:(

UPDATE!

Okay -- as promised, here are some shots of the tank as it stands right now; some shots are before I did a little re-scaping after a 50% water change yesterday...

ALL INPUT, COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS AND OPINIONS ARE WELCOME.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 90
And some more...

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 89
These give a better idea of the "winding garden path" I was referring to coming from the little Asian gazebo thing on the right, as well as the three-arch bridge ornament piece off to the left; the challenge now is how do I make what you see in the images above look something along the lines of THIS:

pPETS-6704003dt.jpg

A couple more...

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 70
If you want it to look very simular then note the things the picture has that your tank doesnt and try and find a match.

A new front room?

Seriously though.a black background more reds, dragon... Just afew rhat may point you in the right direction

Get the background black. Add more reds. Deep reds and green solid green. Match those stones. And your on your way. The dragon looks good actually. Can you find it!?

I think this turned out nice! I like how the greenery visually extends the bridge to the other side.

Hey Fresh,

Thanks so much for the encouraging words; I wish this was the "final" result, but unfortunately this is merely where it stands right now -- this isn't how I envisioned it to look, at all, as a permanent theme...

So, you like the way the "garden path" kind of winds from the gazebo over towards the bridge? I was thinking of extending that further -- or doing the different colored substrate as you suggested earlier -- so that the garden kind of passes under one of the arches of the bridge...don't know how that would work out yet...

Thanks again for the input; keep it coming! (y):thanks:

If you want it to look very simular then note the things the picture has that your tank doesnt and try and find a match.

A new front room?

Seriously though.a black background more reds, dragon... Just afew rhat may point you in the right direction

Thanks Molli,

Yes, I'm aware that by simply mimicking the elements of that picture, we could get close to a clone of it...:facepalm: It's just that our tank doesn't have to be exactly like that one; we were going for inspiration and thematic elements based on Petsmart's Top Fin Asian inspired starter kit there...perhaps I should have reworded my intentions in that post...

So, at the very least, it seems to be the concensus that we need more red plants and a black background -- as for the dragon, we're not going with that as my wife wants a more "zen"/calming environment in there and feels the dragon is a bit too "aggressive" in character...instead, we're going to add Bonzai trees to the left and right of the bridge, perhaps a tiny Buddah statue in the garden, etc...

Get the background black. Add more reds. Deep reds and green solid green. Match those stones. And your on your way. The dragon looks good actually. Can you find it!?

Hey D,

Glad you finally got a chance to look at those pics...okay, so, as you stated earlier in the thread, get the black/dark background (still not sure if we're gonna go with a black or "planted scene" background) and then add the deep red and solid green plants; what do you mean "match those stones"? You mean that "stone path" they show on the Petsmart site? Instead of doing that, we were going with the "garden path" you see winding away from the gazebo on the right...what do you think of that? Did you like the way that looks? Either that, or we could go with Fresh's idea of doing the different colored substrate to make it look like a winding stream beneath the bridge or something....

As for the dragon, yes, our local Petsmart has it but my wife doesn't care for it because she thinks it disrupts the "zen/calming" theme we're trying to create here; she thinks he looks a bit too "aggressive."

Did the pics, though, give you a better overall idea of what I was trying to describe...and what do you make of the general layout?

Yeah the pics helped a lot. I think you can achieve this Zen look your shooting for. Just take it slow and you'll do just fine. You pretty much know what you want so... Just piece it together and start the the scape.

Ever get that light issue figured out?

Back
Top Bottom