Iwagami style planted 3g Picotope Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a few of them and it has helped somewhat. Still waiting for the orings for the asa. I believe I indeed did overdose the micros. Thank you meegosh.

ON another note I recieved my shipment of RCS from Severum Mama and they made it fantasticaly! I would most certainly recomend her again in the future.

Pics are very overdue I believe

Glad you are getting this straightened out with the algae. I had the same problem just a few weeks ago. My auto doser started dosing like 4x the amount of micros I needed. A few 50% PWCs fixed the imbalance and it died off pretty quickly.

I agree, we need more pics! :)

Ok so finals are over and life has resumed some level of normalcy. The tank is nestled in it's spot on the desk behind me at work where everyone can enjoy it.
The RCS are breeding and the HC has taken off its like a green sponge covering the bottom of the substrate. The DHG keep popping up in wierd spots and I keep hacking it off every chance I get.
I kicked the algea issue and what is left is this really nice green coating on certain veins in my rocks its kinda amazing almost like I painte stripes of green on the rocks striations.
CO2 stays about norm and I am using the EHN dosing method. Thats where I say Ehn looks like thats bout right as I put in two or three drops of the concentrated solution fort helped me to make.

Its so funny to watch people look in there and ask if the plants are real. And then kinda want to argue with me when I say they are. I have had quite a few customers just say wow.

LEDs are a win for planted tanks I keep mine at about 50% and the growth on the plants is nice as enough but not too agressive.

I still need to buy a larger mAh adapter so that I can get my ATO to work reliably. With the fans blowing down a little from the LEDs my evap rate is kinda high I lose roughly an inch of water every two days which in a 3 gallon tank that is 12" tall thats an crap load of evap.

I have a few orange shrimp on the way and some more crs and i think i will have an awesome invert factory.

Thanks to everyone that told me my micros were out of whack and causeing my HA I have those under control now.

Here are some before and after shots.

BEFORE
img_1370536_0_4667efcef4cae22ade480d4ebe9b5fed.jpg

img_1370536_1_3e5d11480e95bffeb8b11f4be0dbcb71.jpg

AFTER
img_1370536_2_4c9d055a4dde485bd1c4c219a7f8a969.jpg

img_1370536_3_b1d9680e946a833affc0f2444a250a28.jpg

I soon want to setup a 3 gallon planted. I want that carpeting affect. What plant did you use? How much were these LEDs? Thanks. Your tank looks AWESOME by the way.

I soon want to setup a 3 gallon planted. I want that carpeting affect. What plant did you use? How much were these LEDs? Thanks. Your tank looks AWESOME by the way.

I used HC for the carpet and the LEDs are DIY set up if you want to see just check out the thread I documented it in the first few pages. If you have questions just PM me and I can walk you through it.

I will say that I think the aquasoil had a huge effect on the growth and dry starting it before filling the tank with water allowed the HC to make some deep roots.

Speaking of HC and roots I want to dig some up to give away but I dont know the best way to get it out... can I thin it with scissors? like a lawn and the let the trimming grow out? or should I pull it out roots and all? I am not worried about the other HC filling in holes at all.

Back
Top Bottom