jbl snail trap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nedge85

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has any1 ever used one? Just seen them in aquatics live in london

No sorry, just got assassin snails today and they are alreadysorting out my ramshorn infestation

Haven't seen one. Another member shared a great tip the other day....just stick a net with some veggies in it in the tank. In the morning lift out the net. It should be full of snails feeding on the veggies. :)

My only problem with nets is my tank is heavily planted and filled with shrimp also, and i dont want to risk losing them to rid myself of snails

make yourself a tiny siphon using a firm 10" 1/2" wide tube, connect a hose to it, and siphon;) it works great

or just use your regular siphon and suck up above the snails

shrimps will dart away

+1 on assassin snails;)

My only problem with nets is my tank is heavily planted and filled with shrimp also, and i dont want to risk losing them to rid myself of snails
If you're not squeamish, just lift the veggy out with your hand. The shrimp will swim off, snails are too slow.

--Adeeb

Yeah I was going to say just give the net a couple of pokes and all the shrimp will dart out and you'll still have your snails. :)

Will give it a try, tried assassins and it appears they were both D.O.A as both are up turned and not hiding, 1 has snails crawling all over it

Let us know how it goes. I've always opted for manual removal, I do have assassin snails but they don't do a lot in the heavily planted tanks that have snails. I actually keep pest snails on purpose though because they take care of any food that falls in the cracks.

Well if they just got in today I would give it some time. I have all sorts of snails come in that don't move much, sometimes even for a few days, before taking off. I've even had them covered with pest snails like that too when they weren't dead. Pull them and give them a sniff now and then though. If they are dead they will start to smell foul.

They any new, both have been in around a month but the pests are worse than ever

Back
Top Bottom