Jellybean parrot cichlid question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoosierGirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
29 gallon tank --> Feb 2004
residents:
3 serpae tetra's
2 white clouds
2 jellyBean Parrot cichlids
3 dwarf neon blue Gourami's
2 green cory cats
1 dwarf bronze cory cat

5 Anacharis Plants 1 week
homemade div C02 2 days
oxygen curtain rod
30-60 aqua-tech power filter
Changed gravel and stones to pool filter sand last Friday

Did a 20% water change yesterday I use stress coat and stress zyme every water change

Nitrate 20
Nitrite 0
Hardness 300
Alkalinity 180
PH Level 8.4
Ammonia .25

I have 2 orange jellybean parrots. I love them, they are so funny. They come up to me and follow me back and forth. I go to one end of the tank and they swim to me real fast and I go to the other end and they come to me... It's so cute... I've had them since Feb, and I have noticed on the smaller one that he/she has blackess color on its fins and tail. The bigger jellybean is very aggessive and always getting after the smaller one.
I have serched the internet to find out what I can do to treat the condition. My LFS told me not to worry it would go away. Well last time it happened my jellybeans got ick.... I treated them for it with quick cure. I heard there's a vitamin for jellybeans. I asked my LFS they sold me a liquid and I use it 1 time a week in the tank. I know a lot of sites won't discuss jellybeans so I'm oping I can get some advice here. Thank You!

I had the Gourami's in my 10 gal tank but my 3 black molly's kept nipping their fins.

I have tried to take pictures but I get flash reflections off my aquarium glass.
I put the smaller one in a 5 gallon aquarium, removed the activated carbon from the filter and put some meltafix in the aquarium... He seems to be happier. Gumbo isn't chasing him all over. I did notice what looks like a small bite out of his tail...

IMHO, they are cichlids and aggression can be expected. I just don't understand the black coloration in the tail.

Back
Top Bottom