Jewel Fry...!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats, Finely crushed up flakes usually work in a pinch. You might want to think about a live food culture if you are planning on more in the future. Vinegar eels are what I feed my tiny fry then crushed flakes and then regular flakes.

I have a question: can I do a water change? Of which percentage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you going to move them? I fed hikari first bites, baby brine eggs,frozen baby brine, now it's daphnia and bbs..

Are you going to move them? I fed hikari first bites, baby brine eggs,frozen baby brine, now it's daphnia and bbs..

I'm afraid to kill some fry in an attempt to move them. I'm thinking to get a 5g to move the parents. I crushed pellets, shrimp pellets and some spirulina pellets with flakes in a mortar to a fine powder and I'm feeding them that but I'm getting some baby brine eggs, etc for fry.
Will do 15% water change this weekend. Thanks for you comments.

I syphoned a good group out with a 3/8 tube.. Setup a 5.5 grow out and it's worked out pretty good, did a %20 wc rvetu other day at first, now I do a couple 40% a week.. I put some mts in there to eat up the extra food.. Not a bare bottom setup.. Figured if I was going to look at it for a few months night as well make it look half decent..

I syphoned a good group out with a 3/8 tube.. Setup a 5.5 grow out and it's worked out pretty good, did a %20 wc rvetu other day at first, now I do a couple 40% a week.. I put some mts in there to eat up the extra food.. Not a bare bottom setup.. Figured if I was going to look at it for a few months night as well make it look half decent..

Great what is mts? snails? Well I could get a few I think. I'm thinking to get some sand to decorate the bottom.

Yes Malaysian trumpet snails.. I used pool filter sand on the bottom.. I just pulled a cycled hob filter off one of my tanks and had it running in an hour.. I put about 16-20 in at first, wiped about 10 out with a bad water change, depending on your tap, I had to set up a water aging bucket to keep oh swings at bay.. I still have 7 healthy lil fry growing out and another 3-4 stowaways in the main tank..

Anybody knows if the Jewel eats their fry? I have to move them

Back
Top Bottom