Joeys new tank set up...Breeding discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a little video of the filtration set up for this discus breeding tank check it out its massive!!!

Anyone check out the video what do you think???

Pretty cool! So the plants are going to suck up ammonia/nitrites/nitrates right? Because I think water wisteria is a good plant for that.

But the whole setup looks really cool!
And expensive... :rolleyes:

Had a little re-think going to set the tank up with no substrate or nothing just the breeding pair and a breeding cone!

I'm not planting the sump yet gunna let the tank mature a bit first with the sump full of bio media :) and thanks the tank cost me £50 and all the rest in total around £250.

Anyone got any last words of wisdom when breeding discus before I fill this bad boy up???

Setting up the tank this coming Thursday stay tuned, going to tag a video from YouTube and upload pics when set up :)

Any discus breeders out there??? Any last words of wisdom??? I know the basics but any extra tricks/tips will be helpful :)

Ran into a few problems getting everything just how I want it finishing lid and lighting tweeks tomorrow then I will post pics

A friend of mine is a discus breeder. I'll see if I can find a video of his fishroom, that might give you some ideas. :)

*edit* Found the vid I was looking for. Here ya go.

Rubbish pictures but will upload a video with an explanation of everything tomorrow :)

image-1068506572.jpg

image-3308624015.jpg

image-1224071279.jpg

image-3513549347.jpg

Filter media was seeded but the tank is now fully cycled in just one week :) getting more land plants to fill the sump tomorrow along with some shrimp and more snails.

Today added more plants to the sump some more snails some cherry shrimp and blue fan shrimp :) upload pictures tomorrow once they've all settled in :)

Here's some updated pics all doing good no pics of shrimp though all hiding behind the pot!

image-2900739354.jpg

image-3154215736.jpg

image-1112823289.jpg

image-2702657059.jpg

Back
Top Bottom