Joey's Rimless 17 Gallon High Tech Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to rant for nothing, but I'm almost positive that my solutions for EI aren't right. The Rotala sp. green, the Macrandra, and the Ludwigia sp. red all are having issues. Just curling leaves and such. I don't think it's co2 because I Remeber in a few Pms Aquachem said to me that Ludwigia inclinata var. Pantal is the first thing I would see drooping of there wasn't enough co2. That is fine and actually putting out roots. I'm going to dry dose and see if that fixes things. It should. Ill monitor this week. I need to get some Downoi, too.

I thought El is always dry dosed dry? What are your actual readings for nitrate and phosphate? Your plants are still new and honestly sometimes they really do need time. You have to learn patience little grasshopper... lol! That and remember sometimes some plants just aren't happy in some tanks and for no apparent reason. I've had a couple plant species that just aren't happy no matter what I did and finally decided to move on but I gave them months to straighten out. Sometimes you just have to try different dosing methods and levels until you find what works.

I thought El is always dry dosed dry? What are your actual readings for nitrate and phosphate? Your plants are still new and honestly sometimes they really do need time. You have to learn patience little grasshopper... lol! That and remember sometimes some plants just aren't happy in some tanks and for no apparent reason. I've had a couple plant species that just aren't happy no matter what I did and finally decided to move on but I gave them months to straighten out. Sometimes you just have to try different dosing methods and levels until you find what works.

It normally is, but I decided to make liquid solutions from a YouTube video. My nitrate and phosphate readings are probably high now since I started dry dosing today. I was even seeing some pinholes in my Anubias so I think my solutions were off.

Lol! Thanks for the reassurance, Janis! I know, I know. Patience is key. I have about as much patience as a squirrel. Lol. ill keep up the dry dosing and hopefully everything straightens out. :)

EDIT: How's your weather?

Weather is bouncing all over the place from high 90's one week then down to 80 then up again. This is pretty typical weather for this time of year around here.

We are famous for needing AC one day and the furnace the next. I love when we have nice weather well into December. The only problem is you never know what is coming... lol!

We are famous for needing AC one day and the furnace the next. I love when we have nice weather well into December. The only problem is you never know what is coming... lol!

I'm sure it's nice having weather that nice late in the season, but I guess you're somewhat used to the heat. I'm not.. Lol!

Cool.. thanks Joey! For a second I was getting bored with the hobby. Embarking on a rescape certainly revitalizes the excitement factor.

Cool.. thanks Joey! For a second I was getting bored with the hobby. Embarking on a rescape certainly revitalizes the excitement factor.

Certainly. The same thing happened to me with my 5 gallon till I got my new tank. All is well. Haha.

The Peacock Gudgeon was out alot more today. Taken with an IPhone 5.

Attachments

• image-1489732548.jpg
    image-1489732548.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1345010098.jpg
    image-1345010098.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 58
Dang. I ordered a 500ml bottle of flourish. Not flourish excel. I ended up ordering a quart of Glut instead. Anyone need some flourish?? Haha

Back
Top Bottom