Joey's Rimless 17 Gallon High Tech Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good Joey :)

Your rams will be less shy with smaller dither fish that swim in open water, like the ones you plan on returning.

BTW, the link doesn't work for me in new mobile app... takes me to a thread about sw skimmers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow! So this is really digging this thread up.

Well, this is the last you'll see of this tank in it's current form. I'll start a new thread. I'm become extremely bored with trimming stems constantly so I'm going to the other end of the spectrum to try my hand at a rock scape.

Here's the last of this scape!

d2qtOKL.jpg

The first go was a beauty. Can't wait to see the new scape get underway! :) Looks like that UG grew enough to start a full-on replanting in a 'checkerboard' pattern (as they say) -- you'll have a full carpet soon after.

Thanks a lot, Brian.

The UG say stagnant for about a month and a half until about three weeks ago when it exploded. I should have no problem with a carpet in about 2 months in the new scape.

Yeah that's how the UG was for me too. I believe it finally got acclimated to its new environment (your tank) and will have no problem growing at its fast rate moving forward.

When I grew it, I noticed that it was actually "growing" after a short time. It was sending out a ton of tiny runners under the soil that would eventually pop up after a while.

Was a nice tank Joey. Can't wait to see your new build. How's your recovery going?

S. Subulata behaved the same for me, stagnant for weeks and weeks and now sending runners. Also staying low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom