Josh's journey into planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7 glowlights and biomax i figure the 5 hex dosnt have the best filtration so i may as well help increas where the bacteria can go

there all hanging at the back near the heater when will i see them "school" or is that only defensive behavior

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 41
I like the additions in your tank Josh :)

Once they get comfortable they'll be swimming all over you tank. Schooling is actually a defense mechanism and they'll stick together when threatened or doesn't feel safe. Give them a couple of days.

Last edited:
thank you roy i like their orange stripe it looks like i need the trim the star grass in the back alredy how should i go about that?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
thank you roy i like their orange stripe it looks like i need the trim the star grass in the back alredy how should i go about that?

Just trim and re-plant As long as there are leaves on the stem, it'll grow as a new plant.

ok il go look now my plants are displaying alot of photo-tropisim( thats the one where they move twords light right?) il post pics of the trim and re-scape

the only scissors in the house are rusted around the joint is that fine if its submerged for a few minutes id rather not take the plant out i like the spot its in

You can just pinch it. Is your star grass shooting new stems on the sides? You can trim those as well and re-plant.

i see the start of new plantlets (y) i did not expect to have this much growth or success 3700k and 4100k actually do the job well i noticed some algae on my heater end cap should i stop dosing leaf zone 2x and only do 1x a week

Just do one dose a week. If you start seeing deficiencies, add a half dose/ week.

My star grass is doing ok, but my ludwiga is out of control! Lol. I get a new stem every other day with stock lighting lol. Hows the ludwiga doing?

Homedog98 said:
My star grass is doing ok, but my ludwiga is out of control! Lol. I get a new stem every other day

Nice :D before you know it, you'll run out of space to plant your trimmings. Lol

Back
Top Bottom