Just about Cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lincolnsdad01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a month ago I set up a 55 gal aquarium I have a fluval 306 canister filter, a 200 watt heater, a air pump with a bubble volcano and lighted bubble wand and hoods with led lights. I put a full bottle of fluval bacteria in it and ran it for 3 days before I added fish. Now I have 5 various platys, 5 juli Cory cats, 1 upside down cat, 1 rainbow shark, 2 veil Angels and 1 high Finn pleco that is about 6 inches long. When we added the last fish which was the pleco all of the test started to skyrocket so I have been adding prime and stability everyday for the past week to keep things under control and boost the bacteria. Today I did the testing and my amonia is between 0 and 0.25 my nitrite is between 0 and 0.25 and nitrate is between 10 and 20. Now the amonia and nitrite is leaning more towards 0 but theres a little bite of difference that's why I said between. Now it's looking to me that my cycling is just about complete yesterday I did a 35% water change and the results from the test are today. Does it look like my cycling is done? Also when should I clean the filter and change out the carbon? Just looking for advice cause I don't want to risk anything also I did not add any prime today since the numbers are so low. Thank you in advance for the advice and help.

Back
Top Bottom