Just got all this for $5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChristinaE12

Aquarium Advice Regular
Woohoo. Now I gotta convince my husband that we need to set it up. I don't think he is too happy I found this forum. lol.

The two filters are probably worthless. I don't even know what they are. Came with two pumps as well which may or may not be used. I do like the couple decorations it came with and will probably add to my 55g. But the tank is definitely worth the money alone and just couldn't pass this up.

With that said.. What do you guys usually clean your stuff with. Just water/vinegar? It appears to just be hard water stained really bad. Not to mention I don't know how long it sat out in this garage and collected whatever.

I just know I'm gonna need something that works really good and disinfects. Not sure if anything has came out and all I know of is just the old way with using vinegar.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_3201.jpg
    IMG_3201.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 302
Wow that is one awesome deal even a few of those things much less all of it. I wish I were that lucky. The 2 filters look a lot like one that I have that is from tetra and is good for a 5-15gal tank. They both look a little worse for wear though and the one I have can be very temperamental at times. Good luck convincing the hubby.

Yeah. They are Aqua-Tech 5-15's. Not even sure I've heard of them. I'd probably just buy a new one. This setup also came with a fountain pump.. Isn't that more for like ponds. Or are they actually used in aquariums as well?

I'll definitely have this tank set up in the near future. The husband will come home from work one evening and it'll be up and running. Ha ha.

I've only ever seen aqua-tech filters at Walmart. Mine came in the aquarium kit my mom got me for christmas. I've seen people use fountain pumps in a terrarium setup so that may be what the previous owner used all the stuff for. Some of the decor stuff seems like things that can be used for fish aquariums or reptile habitats so that's a possibility.

I'd love to see pics when its all put together. I love looking at how other people set up theirs.

I've only ever seen aqua-tech filters at Walmart. Mine came in the aquarium kit my mom got me for christmas. I've seen people use fountain pumps in a terrarium setup so that may be what the previous owner used all the stuff for. Some of the decor stuff seems like things that can be used for fish aquariums or reptile habitats so that's a possibility.

I'd love to see pics when its all put together. I love looking at how other people set up theirs.

Yeah. I noticed the other day Walmart carries those Aqua-Tech's.

I've only heard of these fountain pumps being used in like ponds and what not. So I'm sure that is probably useless for me at this point.

I should have asked the lady what it was used for but was in and out in like 2 minutes. Plus when I seen those two filters and UGF I figured it just had fish in it. Although there is one decoration that I know is for reptile. But the rest I'm not exactly sure but look to be fish aquarium stuff. Anyone know of any way to be sure. I don't want to put anything in my tank and it leech out any harmful toxins. I plan on putting most of them in my 55g tank. Until it's cycled then start up this tank and maybe put some decorations back.

I'll have to get you to go shopping for me one day, heck of a bargain! :D

As for the vinegar question, if you find that alone doesn't work with the water stains then try adding some to bicarbonate soda and use an old toothbrush to scrub it off. I used this on some serious algae and it came off like a dream :)

As for the vinegar question, if you find that alone doesn't work with the water stains then try adding some to bicarbonate soda and use an old toothbrush to scrub it off. I used this on some serious algae and it came off like a dream :)

I agree with Welsh, just be sure that you rinse off the soda really well since any residue could raise the pH of your water. Generally, from what I see, you should be able to get the vast majority of the scaling off with vinegar solution. My water does the same thing to my equipment and vinegar cleans it right up.

Oh, and if you find another deal like that, call me!!! :D

Congrats! :fish2:

If you end up not using the pond pump then I might be interested in buying it from you. I am currently working on building a fountain for my yard.

greatest.deal.ever!!!! well...almost lol

what are you planning on stocking? also,how big is it?

Heh.. Yeah, I've been looking for more deals now too. There is a good one.. a 55g w/stand,filters,pumps,gravel, etc.. for $75, but I don't have the extra cash yet.

Those filters actually work pretty well too. I have one on my 55 getting it seeded so I can put it onto this tank. I just have to build the stand, hopefully tonight/tomorrow, and get my sand tomorrow and get it up.

Which this tank is a 20g High. Which, I know limits my stocking options. So I have to research a little more and see what I wanna really go with. I also have another 55 outside but I don't have a place to put it yet. I am pretty much thinking of taking my couch out.

@fishfanatic... I'll have to see what I can do. But I'll probably just give it to you. I know the thing works but I don't know how good. And well I'd hate for it to not work correctly and rip you off.

Back
Top Bottom