keeping bottom cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i had my tank running for a year and didnt have many problems cause i had all these worms eating excess food and the sand was always clean.i never vacuumed either.now i only have a fuzzy lion and dart fish and im getting that red algae again.i asked the lfs and they dont no what it is.i see it all the time in articles.its not red slime,i've had that in the past.this gets on the glass and would like to no if there is a cure.i have read about changing my bulb but isnt that for reef?i have a comm tank

Old bulbs can cause issues even in a fish only tank, it's still the same light shining on the same glass. :) How old are your bulbs?

over a year old but i had this red stuff last year when i started up my tank.my light is on 14 hours.im going to cut down to 9

Oh, I'd for sure cut the light back a bit. I only keep my reef tanks at 10 hours of whites a day! LOL That will really help you out I bet.

You might wanna consider replacing the bulbs too, if its a fish only system you probably dont have that many so it shouldnt be too much $$$ hopefully.

Good luck though, I bet you see results just from cutting the lights back.

on a fish only do i still need a aquarium light or a regular floresent.i only have one bulb

Any light will do as long as you dont have corals. A single bulb Flourescent would be good even. The light is mostly for you and not the fish. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom