Kelp good for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My mom decided to buy a big bag of fresh kelp saying that I could feed my fish with it. I have 7 ember tetras, a betta and in a separate tank, a baby red tailed shark. Should I feed it to them? I initially said no because I feed them bloodworms and flakes but she insisted :banghead:, so I want to make sure I can feed it to them before I did.

Its doubtful that they would eat it. If you had african cichlids they would likely tear it up though.

Most likely it would be fine as long as you removed it before it starts to rot. I am not sure if fresh water will kill it or not.

Just grab an algae clip and stick it to the side of the tank. When its gone tell her it was nice but too much work because it messed up your water parameters or something.

Turns out my betta LOVES it and ate almost half a stick of it in 2 hours!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430965198.502763.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430965223.750919.jpg

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Back
Top Bottom