Kelsey's new pico :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
0o.Kelsey.o0 said:
What was the right thing?? lol

That I'm loving what you are doing :D Keep doing the updates. I'm thinking about getting this little rimless tank too. I saw it at the store and I like how it looks with the waterfall kinda thing on top.

Yah the water fall part is beautiful haha that's why I was thinking of getting another one once this one is established and make it a freshwater tank. The lighting is no good for my reef but would look great with freshwater

Purevil21: like corey said there are lots of options for fish
Gobies for Sale: Goby Fish Species Including Shrimp Gobies
Most of these gobys would do fine in my tank (not the 3 inch max ones though, I wouldn't try that)

Normal anemones would get wayy to large and kill everything else in the tank with their sting. My small maxi-mini that corey mentioned is on page 6, they stay small and don't move around a lot so are perfect for nanos and picos.

Those are some very pretty anemones. I never knew you could keep so many different things in a tank so small.

It's nice because you can actually enjoy it, some of those small things would get lost in a large system.

Alright so I went to my LFS today and he gave me a list of gobys he could order for me and there is alot! So far my two favorites are:

Bryaninops Natans
24M1048-04-purple-eyed-goby.jpg

and the

Trimma tevegae
trimma-tevegae.jpg

Both are pretty awesome. I also got a few snails for the tank, I'll move them to another tank if i get any kind of spikes.

Yah the first one would be ordered on tues and the second one wouldn't be ordered for two weeks! Maybe I'll order the first one and if it doesn't come in then I can have the second to order from still.

Its a hider and percher if theres no water flow. he comes out for food and just hangs out. Its way too small for my tank. I think it would be perfect for you! Its brightly colored too, just miniscule. I may do a pico so he has an appropriate home one day. lol

Not the best shots but here he is

img_1362308_0_6b91be72cac67aa8516ea1d49fc9df69.jpg

img_1362308_1_e5eced07ec47b99092d96dadcb1b95f8.jpg

Well my tank doesn't have much flow so i guess my fish will all be perchers haha that's fine though. I think I am going to order the purple eyed guy so I don't have to wait like three weeks, hopefully they come in :).

Well I just tested ammonia and still nothing, it's possibly 0.25 but more close to zero I'd say. I think I'll get a raw shrimp tomorrow and add a small piece, or just some pure ammonia if I can find any. I have been seeing a diatom bloom in the last few days though so my tank could possibly be cycled already.

Im going to agree.. you might be cycled look for the pure ammonia and had only a few drops at a time till u get a reading ... then wait a day or two to see if its gone ..

Well it looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer for the natans. The owner of my LFS called his supplier and I guess the ones that the guy had in were really tiny, like hard to see tiny, and they somehow escaped from the breeder net he had them in and are now in a very large coral display tank, impossible to find. The guy said he was going to try to order some larger ones in for me but I won't know for at least a week if he can . At least this will give my tank more time to stabilize. The tank is currently crawling with copepods, they are everywhere!

I did add a few corals though, a small frag of acans, a piece of birdsnest, a small ricordea, and a few more polyps. I am also going to attempt to catch my sexy shrimp from the nano and move her into the pico.

Okay Okay they are uploading to photobucket as we speak! lol

I caught the sexy with little difficulties. I decided instead of trying to catch her with a net and destroy my tank I would just take the rock out. Lifted the whole thing out with the frogspawn glued to it and she actually stayed on the frogspawn, lucky me!

a couple of the acan
img_1375912_0_fcf2b40dc5c7a4a78002235e552f96c8.jpg

img_1375912_1_0b1507b97076083f3d68be52df50753c.jpg

The little baby on the edge caught a shrimp that was much too big for him lol he managed to eat it all somehow though.

The piece of birdsnest, haven't managed to get a great shot yet.
img_1375912_2_29ce589f8fbe79dd23a1fec14b846232.jpg

Mrs sexy shrimp in a cup with the piece of frogspawn I broke off for her.
img_1375912_3_ecbd8197786d222f1d8e448fe35c8770.jpg

There is a couple more coming

Back
Top Bottom