Kelsey's new pico :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple more pictures

The birdnest, it's doing really well and is even splitting already! I can't believe how fast that was. (pic taken after lights out so doesn't look too open)
img_1384130_0_d1494f49f3c0d7c09a85d6c9c425901b.jpg

Sexy shrimp with her frogspawn. She is also doing great, I love that I can finally feed her without the cleaner shrimp stealing all the food.
img_1384130_1_851d0b1331695ee62112bab9a743484d.jpg

Small anemone is opening up a bit more
img_1384130_2_119ac9831968d84b3a663157f507ed85.jpg

And these are the little hitchhiker snails I added. They are small, about half the size of a pea. If anyone knows the name of them pls tell :)
img_1384130_3_b373382d434c29f9b8e1d1190865c410.jpg

this thing is awesome! now that ive looked at this thread, im wanting to make my own... i have to stop getting on this site or im always going to be broke. lol

Looks amazing! The sexy shrimp and her frogspawn is my favorite. :)

Looks awesome Kelsey. Thanks for the reply about the xenia. It's not looking any better. The LFS said that they don't like direct light but a site I just read talked about them liking direct light...maybe that's the issue.

Looks awesome Kelsey. Thanks for the reply about the xenia. It's not looking any better. The LFS said that they don't like direct light but a site I just read talked about them liking direct light...maybe that's the issue.

Maybe, all of mine are in direct light though, some under power compacts, some under T5's and some under MH lol might put some in the pico too under LED's! It might just be your tank, it is a really weird coral don't let it discourage you!

After looking through several snail profiles, i found an exact match. :) The snail is a collonista snail. They won't get much bigger than 1/4 of an inch. Good snail to have, feeds on algae and they have a nice color to them.

Last edited:
After looking through several snail profiles, i found an exact match. :) The snail is a collonista snail. They won't get much bigger than 1/4 of an inch. Good snail to have, feeds on algae and they have a nice color to them.

Perfect! Yup that's the one! I love them, I have tons in my nano and I'm trying to spread them to my other tanks. The only thing I don't like about them is sometimes they get stuck in my pumps and clog the intake.

Did you add them purposely or did they hitchhike their way in on some LR?

Bad news I just found a red flatworm in my tank on my glass! Eek!

Also found this on my glass, pretty neat I started a thread in the identification forum.

img_1384684_0_56114b82403fd0dcaaf8637bbbbf1da1.jpg

Like I said on your identification thread, I'm sure it's a hydroid.

Tiny jellyfishes that have a strong sting. They can spread really fast and if there are enough, they can kill small and medium fishes. Or they can stress them out alot.

Hitchhiker snail may be sundial snail, preys upon zoanthids. I could be wrong though :p

Looking it up again almost certainly a sundial snail. Remove if you want zoas :O

Hitchhiker snail may be sundial snail, preys upon zoanthids. I could be wrong though :p

Looking it up again almost certainly a sundial snail. Remove if you want zoas :O

They do kind of look like sundails, but they are the collonista snail like dylan said. I've actually had them for a long time in my nano, they only eat algae.

Back
Top Bottom